Jan 28, 2013

Let's go and meet the Bronies, or how John DeLancie is as awesome as Tara Strong


Watch the video and Listen... Yes, that IS John DeLancie

THAT John DeLancie... who also plays Discord on My Little Pony...

Q is the weird freaky mish-mash of animals that you see here... Discord, Chaos ponified...
While this rant started mostly to promote the heck out of that song, it made me look back on my relationship with My Little Pony...
As a wee child in the 80s I did watch My Little Pony (g1), My Little Pony and Friends in one of the various cartoon blocks that existed for 80s kids... IIRC MLP was Before He-Man or She-Ra... (Note: PR cartoon blocks not necessarily where the same as those on the US) Around the time MLP went to MLP Tales... I was avoiding any "Girly toons" so, I did miss out on that.

Now in my Adulthood I had a few run-ins with My Little Pony... I'm talking about the EVIL g3...

After watching that, if you asked me if I LIKED My Little Pony, I would probably grab a sword and shove it down your throat...
Fast Forward to October 10,2010 when the Fourth Generation of My Little Pony began... I was working as a Temp CS Rep at a Satellite Company and it was weird that people kept asking for the channel known as The Hub (formerly the American Discovery Kids... need to emphasize this because here in PR there was the American DK, now The Hub and Latin American Discovery Kids that didn't start showing MLP until Late 2011) but back to the main story. While trying to sell the packages to customers, many adult males asked me about The Hub... I knew about it and that they had G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, and the G! of Trnasformers, not to mention new versions of GI Joe and Transformers. Incredibly enough, many were asking JUST for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Let's see... After my time as a Temp for that company ended, I still hadn't seen this new My Little Pony... My brain only associated MLP with the early 00s Awful G3. Now, let's fast Forward to April 8th, 2011... Friday. there's this nerd blog that I read called Topless Robot and they had a series of articles called Fan Fiction Friday; where awful erotic fan fiction was criticized by the site's editor. He-Man, Spider-Man, Harry Potter all of those characters have been victims of bad fan fiction that was criticized at TR. On April 8, 2011 there was a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fanfic "reviewed". the story's titled: A Class in Stress Relief. Long story short, Twilight is stressed and Rainbow Dash helps her release that stress by having sex with her. But it had a twist that both Twi and Dashie were turned into humans... and Dashie was turned into a dude... Now I could have read it have a few laughs at the absurdity and call it a day... Oh no sir, I FORCED Myself to watch the First Episode of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic... It was a two parter, so I watched the next Episode... then I ended up watching Ticketmaster, Applebuck Season, Griffon the brush-off, Boastbusters and Dragonshy BEFORE Reading the awful clopfic... Just cause I wanted the characters to sound correctly in my head when I read it. After reading the fanfic, I resumed watching the episodes... I got all the way to Over a Barrel and waited patiently for the newer episodes each week... You know how hard it is to find an excuse to visit relatives whose cable provider has the hub JUST to watch My Little Pony? Good thing that DKLA now has My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic...

Obviously the Pony Invasion of the House of Rants did not begin until August 2011... That's when I began slipping in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic stuff to Articles and Ponies began coming out of the Toy Chest. So, basically I am a Brony because I wanted to make sure I got the characters sounding right when reading a clopfic. That is why I do not hate the cloppers unlike other bronies... Besides it would go against the whole "love and tolerance" brony mantra...


Next time I'll tell you how I became a brony.

But back to the Song... Not only John De Lancie is there, but also Tara Strong... (who I've already ranted about) who happens to be Twilight Sparkle's VA... That's how my brain exploded twice... I kinda feel a bit bugged out since they now KNOW about the clopping... Oh dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment