Nov 17, 2014

Top 12 characters that Funko must make for their GoT line.

Seeing that I've completed Wave 1 and now I'm waiting for Wave 2 to show in my neck of the woods, I've been thinking: What Characters I'd like to see Funko tackle ASAP!

I'm choosing 12 since that's the magic number for 2 waves. BTW video links will have SPOILERS.

Joffrey Baratheon:

The infamous King of Westeros after the death of King Robert (or the Usurper if you ask the Westerosi equivalent of the Children of the Corn). He also would be perfect for a Walgreen's variant.
I'd suggest two accessories for the default version Crown (removable) and Crossbow.

Jorah Mormont:
The King of the Friend Zone is a perfect choice to accompany the TWO Daenerys figures in the line.

For his single accessory, his sword would be the most obvious choice.

Whichever version of Ser Jorah (armored or not) would be very welcome, especially for the Mhysa version of Daenerys.





Cersei Lannister:
We have Tyrion in wave 1. Wave 2 has the Kingslayer, so Wave 3 needs Brotherlover Lannister. 
She would be perfect to display with Jaime... in non-incestuous displays or in incestuous displays since I can't tell you how to display your toys. Or to display with Ned Stark.


Oberyn Martell:
The Red Viper of Dorne could add some spice to the GoT Display. He'd only require a Spear as his single accessory.

Petyr Baelish:
Littlefinger, the sneakiest bastard in all of Westeros. He totally deserves a figure. His accessory would be a small dagger used on a scene of Betrayal.

Sansa Stark:
She is the least Popular Stark child. (Or second if we count the virtually invisible Rickon) and she is here for two reasons: Joffrey and Littlefinger... Well 3 if we add Tyrion to the Mix. Also, she fulfills the at least 1 Stark per Wave unwritten rule.

That's six done and we have six more to go!

Hodor:
Do I need to explain why he is here?

I can't think of any accessory to give Hodor.

Bran Stark:
He's what I'd use as Hodor's accessory, but I can't put a full figure as an accessory. So, Bran gets a slot. He'd come with the Basket to use on Hodor.

Viserys Targaryen:
Dany's creepy brother. His single Accessory is the Dothraki Crown. There isn't much that I can say about Viserys, aside that I want a figure of him.

Ygritte:

'Nuff said! (A Bow would be her accessory)

Bronn:
The Imp's Bodyguard and kind of a friend. Obvious accessory is his sword. Second Accessory the dagger.

Main reason to have him is to display him with Tyrion.

The Final Figure is: Tywin Lannister
Two reasons to Have Lord Tywin:
1- It's Freaking Tywin Lannister
2- It allows Customizers to make a modern Action Figure of "evil eye" Benedict.







I know there's a few characters that I would have wanted to add, but they didn't make the list.
Theon Greyjoy, Robert Baratheon, J'aqen H'ghar, Podrick Payne, Gregor Clegane, Stannis Baratheon, Renly Baratheon, Melissandre, Samwell Tarly, Gendry, Davos Seaworth, Ramsey Bolton, Ser Loras, Ser Barristan Selmy... OK, so there's a bunch of folks that I would have wanted.

Now I wonder which ones will be accurate guesses.


1 comment:

  1. I ended up going with the Dark Horse staction figures rather than the Funko stuff, and it's interesting that we've already got quite a few of these released or on the way: Cersei is out and Hodor with Bran, Tywin, Joffrey, and Petyr Baelish are on the way. I feel we're less likely to get some of the lesser known characters in this series, though. Of course, the Funko folks already have gotten Brienne and the Hound, which the Dark Horse fans don't have.

    The 12 I really want for the Dark Horse line? The Hound, Brienne, Ygritte, Mellisandre, Stannis, Davos, Theon Greyjoy, Samwell, Varys, Yara Greyjoy, Catelyn Stark, and Margery.

    ReplyDelete