Apr 24, 2016

Time for me to DO Daredevil...

Oh, DareDevil... I never thought I'd give my thoughts on ye...

Oh, no! I'm not touching THAT Dare Devil... It has that annoying twat, Jennifer Garner, you know, the bitch that ruined Matt and Ben, the bossy chick who made Ben stop hanging out with Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes... something something, she's bossy... Also, I must try to not get hung up on Ben Affleck's failures, since he's now a Killer Batman and I don't want to close my eyes and Meet Armageddon and have a death by Gigli... So, Ben Aflac owes me one.

I'm talking about the OTHER Daredevil... The one where 20 minutes in he gives you this look...

He then begins to grope you because he's blind and can't see your reaction...

and I just made a REALLY Lame reference to Netflix and chill...

Luckily, the show's intro's got the perfect reaction to my lame attempt at humor... I don't have any children and my jokes are even lamer than dad jokes...

So, MCU's Daredevil...
It's not the Ben Affleck movie... also good riddance to any reference to Jen Garner!!

The attack on New York by the Not-Skrulls has damaged the city... a Bald Fat Dude is working from the shadows...
That dude, whose name is not revealed until mid season is played by this guy:

Yup! Vincent D'Onofrio is playing Marvel's Lard Lord of Larceny,  The Kingpin himself, Wilson Fisk... Would you look at that, a White guy who can play fat and bald... No offense to the late Michael Clarke Duncan, but Free Willy Fisk is supposed to be White!!
On the other side of the Spectrum we have Attorney Matthew Murdock, who is blind and I've seen somewhere before...

whose free time activities include wearing a disguise and beating up criminals.

So, a Lawyer by day, Vigilante by night... I want to make a reference to Sailor Moon, but I need to get serious. So, Matt tries to clean up Hell's Kitchen (PC people prefer West Midtown and Clinton...)
by using the Law and defending the little man (metaphorically speaking, not talking about people with dwarfism.) against powerful and corrupt fat cats. (Not literal fat cats...) something something Matt's Powers from the mysterious Ooze that fell on him gave him the ability to "see", and he can detect if someone is lying. While he believes in the system, it doesn't always work, hence his night-time activities.

I don't want to go and spoil everything in this review, but I will recommend you to watch it. There's 2 seasons on Netflix that you could watch in less than 2 weeks if you watch 2-4 episodes a day.
It's a bit darker than the MCU movies... (It deals with Kingpin, Punisher, The Hand, not exactly kid-friendly stuff. There are a few graphically violent moments... like Hard PG-13 to mild R moments.) If you needed another reason to have Netflix that is NOT Fuller House, Daredevil could work for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment